In brief: Sustainable Penang 2013 is a two-week long wide-open program of public meetings, symposia, lectures, Master Classes, workshops and supporting public events with the goal of creating a stronger base of local support in favor of a more sustainable transport system to better serve the people of George Town and Penang . The program is hosted by THINK CITY and numerous local partners, in cooperation with New Mobility Consult.
Schedule: Sustainable Penang opens its doors on Monday 23 September and closes on Friday 4 October. Further background as it develops will be found on the website at https://sustainablepenang.wordpress.com and the accompanying Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/SustainablePenang.
- Inaugural University Lecture ( 24 Sept. 20:00-22:00, at Universiti Sains Malaysia)
- Focus Group Dialogues (Mornings from 23 Sept. Caring Society Complex. Contact us for schedule)
- Master Class USM University series (Five evenings: 17:00-19:00 at Universiti Sains Malaysia)
- Municipal Council Master Classes (MPSP on 1 Oct. and MPPP on 2 Oct. 08:00 to 13:00)
- Symposium on State of the Environment in Penang (28 Sept. 08:30 on, Caring Society Complex)
- Car Free Day celebration and special events (Sunday 29 September)
- Children’s and school events (Contact for schedule)
- Media presentations and interviews (print and electronic, including blogs and social media)
Sustainable Penang is being led jointly by Professor Dato’ Dr. Anwar Fazal, Chairman of the Board of Think City and Founder of the Taiping Peace Initiative, with Professor Eric Britton, Managing Director of EcoPlan International, founding editor of World Streets and Distinguished Professor of Sustainable Development at the Institut Supérieur de Gestion in Paris. The project is supported by numerous local organizations, NGOs, universities and, and by selected members of the International Advisory Board of the New Mobility Agenda.
Hotline/Contacts: Project facilitator: Mr. Khor Hung Teik, Tel: 604-227 8788 email@example.com. International: Eric Britton, Tel: +336 5088 0787 firstname.lastname@example.org